Farrusco is a small robot based on the Arduino platform, in this case it’s using a Motoruino wich is an Arduino clone with a couple of enhancements – dc motor dual controller, servo and sensor plugs, possibility to select 5v or external power source for motors and PWM pins.
With Farrusco you will be able to make it avoid obstacles, follow walls, enter in free space mode, and in the future more add-ons will be available, just to name a few: line follower, speakers and light sensors, RGB leds, and so on.
This robot is intended for:
– enthusiasts wishing to enter in the creative computing and robotics fields but don’t know where to start;
– engineering and physical computing students who need a development platform;
– digital artists and designers;
– students of all grades;
– someone who just wants a new geeky toy.
This kit will be available in three different versions:
1. All the kit comes disassembled, this is a complete and extreme DIY kit. Everything comes in a raw state and you will need to solder and assemble the Motoruino, and all other components. This is of course the least expensive of all three.
2. Pre-assembled, all the soldering is made for you in a way that you won’t need to solder anything or perform tricky tasks, you just need a pair of hobby screwdrivers.
3. Everything is assembled and ready to run, just plug the batteries and turn on the switch and there he goes, this is of course the most expensive.
* in order to be able to program Farrusco you will need an interface cable, once you have this cable you will be able to use it for many other devices.